- Ramsey School District
- District Homepage
Dear Ramsey and Saddle River Communities:
As part of the Ramsey Board of Education’s search for the right superintendent, the community is invited to share input in person. This is a follow-up to our recent community survey as we continue the process of replacing Dr. Murphy and continuing the tradition of excellence in our schools.
Many thanks to all who participated in that survey. The next step is an Open House Community Forum on Tuesday, June 21st, at 7:00 pm in the Ramsey High School auditorium.
While many attributes are desirable in a Superintendent, some are more important to meet our unique district’s needs. We value your input in this discussion. Parents, staff, students and other interested community members are encouraged to attend and to help us identify Ramsey School District’s strengths, upcoming challenges, and opportunities that the next Superintendent will address, as well as the characteristics needed to be our next leader.
During this Community Forum, we encourage a concise and focused discussion on the following questions:
- What strengths do you think are present in the district and community? What about Ramsey schools makes you most proud?
- What issues do you think the new Superintendent will be faced with immediately?
- What issues, concerns, and opportunities do you see facing the district in the next 3 - 5 years?
- What would be the single most important change (if any) the new Superintendent should consider?
- What leadership style do you see as the most effective for our district?
- What personal characteristics do you think are important in our Superintendent?
- If you could ask the future candidates one question, what would that question be?
As with other public Board of Education meetings, each community member will be given up to 3 minutes to speak to share his or her thoughts with the Board.
We appreciate your participation in this process as we seek the next leader of our award-winning district, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Ms. Laura Behrmann
President, Ramsey Board of Education.