RHS Child Development Program Seeking Preschool Aged Children - registration begins March 6th!
As part of the experiences for Ramsey High School students enrolled in the Child Development Class, Ramsey and Saddle River preschool age children are invited to participate in a preschool program that is supervised by the Child Development teaching staff and the RHS students. This experience allows the high school students to gain hands on experience working with young children. Registration forms for the October 2020 preschool class will be available at the High School General Office and will also be available on the preschool website, https://sites.google.com/ramsey.k12.nj.us/rhspreschool starting March 6th . The class for preschoolers meets three mornings a week, usually Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for approximately 2½ hours each day.
Eligibility requirements are:
● Preschool participation is available to Ramsey and Saddle River residents.
● Preschool students must be 3 1/2 years of age by October 1, 2020.
● All preschool students MUST be potty trained to participate in preschool - No Exceptions ● A gender balance (e.g., 50% male, 50% female) is preferred and will affect the selection order.
● Preschool students will be selected by lottery if applications exceed program capacity. The lottery process will be by order of postmark received no earlier than March 4, 2020. All applications with the same postmark date will receive equal consideration in the lottery.
● A $100.00 fee will be charged per preschool child for the school year which will help supply the classroom with materials and provide a healthy snack.