Student Registration Health Requirements
Required Medical Documents for Registration - In order to register your child in the Ramsey School District, a copy of their most recent immunization record must be provided as well as a current physical exam. This document lists the requirements by age.
Medications grades K-12:
Any medication that is to be given in school, whether OTC (over the counter) or prescription, requires the authorization of a physician or guardian. Please note that the school nurse is not permitted to dispense medication to your child unlessyou have the proper form on file in your child's health office. Additionally, medication forms MUST be renewed each school year.
Please review Ramsey Board Of Education Policy# 5330 regarding the administration of medication while in school.
Printable forms are found on the Health Services / Forms page.
Health Forms for Admission to Schools:
Requirements of the New Jersey Department of Education and the Ramsey Board of Education mandate that the forms outlined below must be completed by September 1, 2017 in order for your child to enter Ramsey District Schools. Documents below are given directly to the school nurse.
- Health History form to be completed by a parent or guardian
- A recent Physical Examination form completed by a physician
- An Immunization Schedule from your physician with up to date immunizations
- A Medical Concerns Form (if your child has additional medical issues, such as diabetes, allergies, etc.)
Additionally, effective September 2016 students entering grade 6 must provide documentation of having received the following vaccines:
- Tdap Vaccine (Boostrix, Adacel) - N.J.A.C.8:57-4.10 requires children born after January 1, 1997 and enrolled in a New Jersey school from another state or country to receive one dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, acellular, pertussis) given no earlier than their 10th birthday.
- Meningococcal Vaccine (Menactra, Mennomune) - N.J.A.C.8:57-4.20 requires children born after January 1, 1997 and enrolled in grade 6 or transferring into a New Jersey school from another state or country to receive one dose of meningococcal (meningitis) vaccine.
Common questions and answers about flu. A review of cold and flu symptoms and how to tell the difference.