Student Registration Health Requirements
Required Medical Documents for Registration - In order to register your child in the Ramsey School District, a copy of their most recent immunization record must be provided as well as a current physical exam. This document lists the requirements by age.
Medications grades K-12:
Any medication that is to be given in school, whether OTC (over the counter) or prescription, requires the authorization of a physician or guardian. Please note that the school nurse is not permitted to dispense medication to your child unlessyou have the proper form on file in your child's health office. Additionally, medication forms MUST be renewed each school year.
Please review Ramsey Board Of Education Policy# 5330 regarding the administration of medication while in school.
Printable forms are found on the Health Services / Forms page.
Health Forms for Admission to Schools:
Requirements of the New Jersey Department of Education and the Ramsey Board of Education mandate that the forms outlined below must be completed by September 1, 2019 in order for your child to enter Ramsey District Schools. Documents below are given directly to the school nurse.
- Health History form to be completed by a parent or guardian
- A recent Physical Examination form completed by a physician
- An Immunization Schedule from your physician with up to date immunizations
- A Medical Concerns Form (if your child has additional medical issues, such as diabetes, allergies, etc.)
Additionally, effective September 2016 students entering grade 6 must provide documentation of having received the following vaccines:
- Tdap Vaccine (Boostrix, Adacel) - N.J.A.C.8:57-4.10 requires children born after January 1, 1997 and enrolled in a New Jersey school from another state or country to receive one dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, acellular, pertussis) given no earlier than their 10th birthday.
- Meningococcal Vaccine (Menactra, Mennomune) - N.J.A.C.8:57-4.20 requires children born after January 1, 1997 and enrolled in grade 6 or transferring into a New Jersey school from another state or country to receive one dose of meningococcal (meningitis) vaccine.
Athletic Participation Requirements:
The Ramsey Athletic Department is excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration for all sports through FamilyID.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These are the processes involved with being cleared to participate in a sport:
1. Physical Examination Completion
2. Vision Examination (for Smith School)
3. Athletic Registration vis FamilyID*
4. Paperwork is reviewed and cleared by school physician
While the registration process is now 100% paperless, the Physical Exam form (including the Health History Update Questionnaire) still needs to be hand-delivered to our school nurse, Mrs. Andria Nemeith at RHS and Mrs. Joann Tillison at Smith.
A student-athlete is not cleared to participate until you receive an email confirmation stating that all registration forms have been successfully completed online AND the physical exam date has been validated.
Footnote: *FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our athletic programs, and helps us to be more administratively and environmentally responsible. When you register, the system keeps track of your family profile so you enter information only once for multiple student-athletes and multiple sports teams.
Common questions and answers about flu. A review of cold and flu symptoms and how to tell the difference.