District and Board Goals for 2016 – 2017District Goals
- Continue the shift to a performance-based curriculum that is built upon the district's 21st Century Initiative. The district will continue to produce performance-based units of study that foster strong content knowledge, critical thinking and complex problem-solving, creativity and innovation, and the ability to transfer learning to new situations.
- Expand balanced literacy and mathematics training in grades K-8. Provide the Expand balanced literacy and mathematics training in grades K-8. Provide the professional development to support advances in the teaching of reading, writing, and mathematics at the elementary level.
- Continue to maximize support for special education students in the regular education classes through the adoption of the co-teaching model of instruction. Provide professional development, coaching and feedback to foster differentiated instruction and to support the implementation of the co-teaching mode.
- Launch a new 4-year induction program for teachers designed to ensure that the Ramsey School District initiatives are understood and implemented effectively by new employees.
- Create a Comprehensive Communication Program which will:
2. Create a Board of Education training/mentoring program3. Initiate a complete Ramsey School District policy review program.4. Train all Board of Education members in the use of Ramsey SchoolDistrict technology.
- Provide timely committee reporting that will be distributed to all Board of Education members
- Create a Board of Education communication method that provides consistent, sustainable information to all Ramsey School District stakeholders.