DISTRICT REGULATION 5600 - STUDENT DISCIPLINE/CODE OF CONDUCT (M)
J. School Bus Conduct Violations of the rules regarding student conduct on school buses will be handled as follows:
1. The bus driver will report unacceptable conduct to the Principal of the school in which the student is enrolled by submission of a completed written report that includes the name of the student, the school, and the student’s conduct.
2. The Principal or designee will investigate the matter, which may include meeting with the bus driver, bus aide, other students on the school bus, and the student who was reported by the bus driver.
3. The parent will be notified of the student’s reported conduct.
4. The Principal or designee will make a determination if the student violated behavioral expectations and the discipline to be administered in accordance with the Code of Student Conduct.
5. If it is determined the misconduct is severe, the student may be suspended from the bus pending a conference with the parent.