Senior Year College Timeline
1. Meet with your guidance counselor early and often. Continue narrowing down your choice of colleges. Remember to include at least one "safe" college.
2. Check the Guidance web page, Naviance Family Connection, bulletin boards and listen to announcements to learn which college representatives will be visiting Ramsey High School. Plan to register in the Guidance Office for an appointment with the representatives from the colleges you've selected.
3. Sign up to take the SAT, SAT Subject Test, or ACT in October, November, or December.
4. Be on the lookout for scholarships and special programs. School information will be posted outside the Guidance Office and web page, announced, and listed on the daily bulletin.
5. Send a note via Naviance to the teacher(s) who agreed to write your letters of recommendation reminding them of your first deadline. See your counselor ASAP if you have not requested a letter of recommendation from your teacher.
1. Begin filing applications to colleges according to directions. Make sure all requirements are met in the way of application fees, interviews, recommendations, and so forth. If any are missing, make plans to bring them up to date. Remember to have your official SAT and/or ACT scores sent directly from the College Board or the ACT.
2. Early Decision candidates - CHECK YOUR APPLICATION DEADLINES.
3. Take your October SAT, SAT Subject, or ACT exam.
4. Attend FAFSA/Financial Aid Night at RHS on October 3rd at 7 pm.
5. File Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for many scholarships and college applications.
6. CSS Profile is available beginning October 1st. Complete (if needed) as soon as possible.
1. Take November SAT or SAT Subject exam.
2. Continue the application process. Watch deadlines closely.
1. Many colleges want applications processed by December. Make sure you have your applications on file.
2. If you have January 1st application deadlines, you must request transcripts by Dec. 5th.
1. Finish semester strong as we will send an updated GPA and rank to all active applications at the conclusion of 2nd marking period.
Bulk of college acceptances are released via the college website or mail. You must submit your deposit for the school of your choice by May 1st.
1. Decide on which college you will attend. Send your deposit by May 1st.
2. Many schools and colleges will still have openings post-deposits. Check with Guidance if you want to see what colleges are still accepting late applications.
Complete Senior Survey through Naviance. Indicate where you will attend school next fall and the Guidance Office will automatically send your final transcript to the school of your choice.