Medications grades K-12:
Any medication that is to be given in school, whether OTC (over the counter) or prescription, requires the authorization of a physician or guardian. Please note that the school nurse is not permitted to dispense medication to your child unless you have the proper form on file in your child's health office. Additionally, medication forms MUST be renewed each school year.
Please review Ramsey Board Of Education Policy# 5330 regarding the administration of medication while in school.
Printable forms are found on the Health Services / Forms page.
Health Forms for Admission to Schools:
Requirements of the New Jersey Department of Education and the Ramsey Board of Education mandate that the forms outlined below must be completed by the beginning of the school year in order for your child to enter Ramsey District Schools. Documents below are given directly to the school nurse.
- Health History form to be completed by a parent or guardian
- A recent Physical Examination form completed by a physician
- An Immunization Schedule from your physician with up to date immunizations
- A Medical Concerns Form (if your child has additional medical issues, such as diabetes, allergies, etc.)
Additionally, effective September 2016 students entering 6th grade must provide documentation of having received the following vaccines:
- Tdap Vaccine (Boostrix, Adacel) - N.J.A.C.8:57-4.10 requires children born after January 1, 1997 and enrolled in a New Jersey school from another state or country to receive one dose of Tdap (tetanus, diptheria, acellular, pertussis) given no earlier than their 10th birthday.
- Meningococcal Vaccine (Menactra, Mennomune) - N.J.A.C.8:57-4.20 requires children born after January 1, 1997 and enrolled in grade 6 or transferring into a New Jersey school from another state or country to receive one dose of meningococcal (meningitis) vaccine.
Athletic Participation Requirements:
The Ramsey Athletic Department is excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration for all sports through the Parent Portal.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These are the processes involved with being cleared to participate in a sport:
1. Health History Update Form ( new form needed each participating season)
2. Completed Pre-Participation Physical Examination
3. Athletic Registration " sign ups" in Parent Portal
4. Paperwork is reviewed by school nurse and final clearance by the school physician.
How to Register for Sports on the RealTime Parent Portal
While the registration process is now 100% paperless, the Physical Exam form (including the Health History Update Questionnaire) still needs to be uploaded to parent portal or sent to Mrs. Laurie Roche at RHS and Mrs. Laura Spiegelman at Smith.
Mr. Richard Mion
Certified School Nurse