Welcome to the Ramsey Athletic Department Website
Family ID for Winter and Spring registrations is OPEN.
If your son/daughter plans to participate in any interscholastic sports at Ramsey High School, he/she must have a report of a physical (current within 365 days of the first day of practice). New Jersey Administrative code (citation 6A16-1.3) states that the following professionals holding a current license are sanctioned to perform school physicals: Doctors of Medicine (M.D.), Doctors of Osteopathy (D.O.), Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Physician’s Assistants.
Below are the steps to register your student athlete:
STEP 1 → Register your son/daughter on FamilyID. Click HERE to access the online registration page. If you need assistance accessing the FamilyID help document, click HERE.
ATHLETES ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER EACH SEASON.
STEP 2 → Print and complete the required physical forms. To do so, click HERE.
ALL MEDICAL FORMS IN HARD COPY WITH ORIGINAL SIGNATURES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE SCHOOL NURSE AT RAMSEY HIGH SCHOOL
NO FAX/EMAIL/COPY IS ACCEPTABLE
By state law, we must have the above forms signed by the attending physician. The school nurse
Will then send forms to the school physician before the first day of practice. Forms must be submitted
by the following dates:
Winter Sports November 1, 2019
Spring Sports March 1, 2020
Big North Black Out Dates
The general membership of the Big North Conference has overwhelmingly approved a blackout period for each member school which declares a 9 day period during the summer in which student-athletes cannot have contact with coaches nor participate in team sponsored activities.
Ramsey High School Black Out Dates
Saturday, August 1, 2020 - Sunday, August 9, 2020
The mission of the Ramsey Public Schools is to develop successful individuals who will possess the knowledge, skills and values necessary to become independent, self-fulfilled persons in a complex global society and to raise the level of expectation for all students through a challenging academic and co-curricular program conducted in a caring and intellectually stimulating environment.
Interscholastic athletics in the Ramsey Public Schools is an integral part of the overall educational process as we seek to develop alert, responsible, well-informed and well-adjusted citizens.
BELIEF STATEMENTS OF
THE RAMSEY PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
We believe that…
If you have questions, please feel free to contact me by phone or email.
- Interscholastic Education is a shared responsibility of educators, parents, students, and the community
- Adult members of the school community have the responsibility to be positive role models for students
- Sportsmanship and ethics are essential components of interscholastic education
- Attributes regarding self-worth, loyalty, unselfishness, and social responsibility should be cultivated and nourished
- Success and self-esteem are interdependent and promote learning
- Each program should accomplish the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of students
- Every student, either through active participation or spectator interest, should benefit from interscholastic education