What You and Your Children Can do to Prevent Catching and Spreading the Flu or a Cold
· Wash hands thoroughly and often with soap and water. If not available, use alcohol- based cleaner. It is recommended that students carry individual alcohol – based hand sanitizers. Good hand washing habits are the number one way to prevent the spread of flu-like illnesses.
· Avoid touching face, nose and eyes.
· Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues and dispose of them properly
· Cough into sleeve or elbow if tissue not available- NOT into hands or into the air.
· Keep your children home from school if they are sick. Stay home from work if you are sick.
Signs and Symptoms of the Flu
· Fever 100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater
· Sore throat
· Runny or stuffy nose
· Body aches
· Feeling very tired