Proper drop-off and pick-up procedures are a major concern for the safety of our children. We have included links on our website that will provide diagrams for additional reference. Parents must adhere to the following:
Drop Off: 8:30 AM Dater Parking Lot
• Buses will drop-off on the pass through at the
front doors. Students can enter the building through the front doors and proceed to their designated line-up area on the playground.
• Students, being driven by parents, can also be dropped-off on the front pass through, with students exiting directly onto the sidewalk. Students being dropped off by their parents or car pool may enter the front doors and proceed through the building to the playground. If you do not plan to drop-off and immediately proceed away from the school, pull up as far past the front doors as possible to talk with your child or help him/her unload a project.
• If you choose, you can drop off on School Street, Shuart Lane or Cherry Lane. If you choose to do this, I would suggest that you have students exiting the car on the sidewalks adjacent to the school.
• If you drop-off on School Street, you should use the drop-off/pick-up cutout that is provided.
• DO NOT USE THE PARKING LOT FOR DROP OFF.
Pick-Up: 2:45 PM Dater Parking Lot
• You may enter the parking lot only through Entrance 2 off of Cherry Lane.
• Approximately 45 parking places in our parking lot will be available for pickup.
• At approximately 2:45, the parking lot will be closed.
• If you choose to use the parking lot, you must exit your car, meet your child on the sidewalk in front of the school and walk with them back to your car. Students will not be allowed to walk in the parking lot by themselves.
• In exiting the parking lot, you must use Exit 3 onto Shuart Lane as by that time Exit 2 to Cherry Lane will have been closed.
• The bus will load in the parking lot adjacent to Shuart Lane.
• The front pass through will not be accessible during pick-up.
As mentioned earlier, a drop-off/pick-up cutout has been provided on School Street. This will enable cars to pull to the side and drop-off or pick up students. Please have students exit and enter cars directly from the curb. Do not double park and have students cross between waiting cars.
Also, as in the past, parking on Shuart Lane, Cherry Lane and surrounding streets is still available. If you are parking away from the school, please discuss pedestrian safety and crossing by the crossing guard, as we have, with your child. Following these guidelines should get your child safely in your car, which, as always, is our primary concern.
On some rainy days, mornings that are below 32 degrees, and snowy days students will line up inside. Due to the hectic and confusing circumstances that often take place on inclement weather days, parents are requested not to enter the building. Please drop your child off at the front doors and playground aides will direct them to their appropriate areas.