Senior Calendar Timeline
- Meet with your guidance counselor early and often. Continue narrowing down your choice of colleges. Remember to include at least one "safe" college.
- Send away for applications if you haven't already done so.
- Check the Guidance web page, bulletin boards and listen to announcements to learn which college representatives will be visiting Ramsey High School. Plan to register in the Guidance Office for an appointment with the representatives from the colleges you've selected.
- Sign up to take the SAT I (and SAT II if needed) at Ramsey High School in October, November, January or May.
- Be on the lookout for scholarships and special programs. School information will be posted outside the Guidance Office and web page, announced, and listed on the daily bulletin.
- Decide whom you will ask to write letters of recommendation for you. Discuss this with your counselor.
- Begin filing applications to colleges according to directions. Make sure all requirements are met in the way of application fees, interviews, recommendations, and so forth. If any are missing, make plans to bring them up to date. Remember to have your official SAT scores sent if colleges require them directly from the College Board.
- Early Decision candidates - CHECK YOUR APPLICATION DEADLINES.
- Take November SAT I and/or SAT II.
- Continue the application process. Watch deadlines closely.
- Many colleges want applications processed by December. Make sure you have your applications on file.
- Pick up the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in Guidance.
- If you have January 1st application deadlines, your completed applications must be in Guidance WELL BEFORE winter break. The date will be announced.
- File Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for many scholarships and college applications.
- College Board Exams (SAT I and SAT II).
- Students are encouraged to do their best on their January final exams as these will influence class rank and perhaps affect admissions.
- Continue filing applications.
- Visit colleges.
Bulk of college acceptances due.
- Advanced Placement exams.
- Decide on which college you will attend. Send your deposit.
- College Board exams for juniors - SAT I and SAT II.
- For those who have not been accepted into schools or colleges or who have not secured employment, there is still time. Many schools and colleges have openings and will continue to have them during the summer months.